Common Behavioral Disorders We Treat
- Aggression - all types, human directed, inter-dog, inter-cat aggression
- Anxiety, Fears, and Phobias - separation anxiety, generalized anxiety, thunderstorm phobia, specific fears
- Inappropriate Elimination - house soiling, marking, submissive/excitement urination
- Compulsive and Repetitive Behaviors - circling, tail chasing, fly snaping, excessive grooming such as feather damaging behavior, etc
- Senior Disorders - nocturnal restlessness/anxiety, excessive vocalization, aggression, cognitive dysfunction
- Prevention of Behavior Problems - Fear, anxiety, or aggression when introducing pets or with the arrival of a baby
What does an In-Home Behavior Consultation involve?
All consultations are conducted by Dr. Martin, a veterinary behaviorist and licensed veterinarian. Consultations involve a detailed behavioral history, behavior profile with temperament evaluation, diagnosis, prognosis, and treatment plan. A written treatment plan is provided that includes behavioral and environmental modification and training recommendations. Anxiety-relieving medications may be prescribed/recommended pending your pet's condition.
Your pet's regular veterinarian is kept informed of all treatment recommendations. Most treatment plans can be implemented in as little as 30 minutes a day. Up to 3 months of telephone and email follow-up is included with the initial behavior consultation to monitor your pet's progress. Follow-up behavior modification and training appointments may be necessary after 3 months to maintain an active client status.
How do I schedule my pet's Behavior Consultation?
Appointments are scheduled after submitting a completed behavior history form (click any button below or complete FORMS here) to Veterinary Behavior Consultations to email@example.com. Behavior consultations are seen by veterinary referral. Please inform your veterinarian you are contacting us regarding your pet's behavior. Prospective clients can contact us directly to inquire about behavior and training services. Read more about each type of service below.
In-Person Behavior Consultations
In-person behavior consultations with client and pet involve a face to face meeting in your home in the Austin, TX area. The initial consultation will typically last for one to two hours. Consultations range in price from $395 to $495 USD pending the species and behavioral concerns. Additional behavior modification and training appointments may be recommended depending on the presenting problems and your pet's level of training ($100 to $125 USD for up to one hour). Complex cases with multiple issues may necessitate an additional in-person behavior follow-up consultation lasting up to one hour ($200 USD). Travel fees may apply. The majority of clients are able to make improvement after the initial consultation.
For 3 months and includes:
- 1-2 hour in-home consultation
- Team support from TWO behavior specialists
- Up to 3 months of phone and email follow-up support
LONG-DISTANCE BEHAVIOR CONSULTATIONs with Veterinarians
Are you a veterinarian needing assistance with a behavior case? Telephone behavior consultations are provided worldwide directly with veterinarians. Consultations can be initiated by completing a Patient Referral Form for Phone Consultations and submitting a copy of the pet's medical history. Your client must also submit the appropriate new appointment behavior history form. After reviewing the medical and behavior history and discussing treatment recommendations with you on the phone, Dr. Martin will send a consultation summary and resources to you to assist with your treatment of the case. Telephone consultations are $250 USD payable by the veterinary hospital prior to the consultation and includes up to 6 weeks of phone and email follow-up support with Dr. Martin.
For 6 weeks and includes:
- 30-45 minute phone consult
- Up to 6 weeks of phone and email follow-up support